This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

Re-entry Visa

This type of visa is reserved for people who have already received a Permit of Stay in Italy and who, for different reasons, have remained outside Italian territory beyond the expiry of the Permit. This visa must also be requested by those who have lost their valid Permit of Stay.

Note to all students resuming studies in Italy after a break or after taking courses at other universities abroad
Foreign students already matriculated at an Italian university who have temporarily suspended their studies and foreign students regularly enrolled at an Italian university who, in application of multilateral student mobility agreements between universities, have attended semester or annual courses abroad,  may apply for a Re-entry Visa by submitting a certificate of regular enrollment in the respective academic year (accompanied by regular payment of tuition fees) with a list of university exams taken and their own explanation letter (possibly supported by appropriate documentation) corroborating the reasons for the suspension of studies or proving attendance of courses at other universities as part of the main academic course.


To apply for a Re-Entry Visa, you must submit the following form , completed and signed, and the documents listed in the following check-list.


“Re-Entry Visa explanation letter”