INSTRUCTION FOR THE LEGALIZATION’S APPLICATION OF ACADEMIC DEGREES ISSUED IN THE BEIJING CONSULAR JURISDICTION:
1. Legalization Application Form attached below;
2. A copy of applicant’s passport;
3. For purpose of study: Admission letter issued by the Italian University/School.
For purpose of work: Employment letter;
4. FOR BACHELOR’S DEGREE AND OTHER HIGHER ACADEMIC DEGREES
The notarial certificate of the academic degree, the notarial certificate of the original transcript (if requested by the Italian university) and the notarial certificate of the original course description (if requested by the Italian university). Said notarial certificates must be translated into Italian and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. The Notary Offices and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Offices must be located in the consular jurisdiction of this Embassy.
FOR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
The notarial certificate of the high school diploma, translated into Italian and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. The Notary Offices and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Offices must be located in the consular jurisdiction of this Embassy.
5. The Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificates and the Credentials Report issued by the CSSD (Center for Student Services and Development, Ministry of Education, P.R. China – www.chsi.com.cn). When requesting the reports in both Chinese and English, you must also request that a digital copy is sent directly to the email address of this Students’ Office (email@example.com). However, the applicant must also submit a printed report of said certificates.
6. The application cannot be sent by post/email. The applicant can entrust a third party to submit the application and withdraw the legalization when ready. In this case, it is necessary to submit an authorization letter signed by the applicant (please find the form attached below), which contain the trustee’s name and other data on his/her identity document together with general information of the trust. The trustee should also submit a copy of his /her identity document.
7. The service for the legalization is free of charge if issued for study purposes. For all other reasons a fee will be applied. In this case, the payment must be made in cash in local currency at the moment the applicant submit the request.
PS: To apply for the legalization please schedule an appointment in advance according to your needs considering that it will take 7 to 10 days to be ready.