This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Study visas


Study visas

Study visas allow entry to Italy for long-stay or short-stay periods, with the purpose of study, vocational training or internship.
Please, find here national visa application form.


a) University pre-enrolment

Foreign citizens who already completed the pre-enrolment procedure for BA or MA at Italian Universities or AFAM Institutes and already obtained the so called “Dichiarazione di valore” (to be obtained at the Consular section of the Embassy) can apply for a study visa.

If you are looking for further information on consular services for students, please read here. For information on study opportunities in Italy and pre-enrolment procedures, please check the following websites:


b) “Marco Polo – Turandot” programmes

Chinese citizens who already completed enrolment procedures for accredited Italian language schools and pre-enrolment procedures for BA or MA at Italian Universities or AFAM Institutes, can apply for a study visa providing the following documents.

For more information on Marco Polo – Turandot programmes and Italian language courses, please read the following websites: 


c) Enrolment to single University classes, post-graduate, exchange programmes

Students who intend to enroll to exchange programmes or other courses , can apply for study visa according to the following check-list.


d) Vocational training and Internship

Applicants who need visas for vocational training or internship, please refer the following documents check-list.


e) Language courses at private schools

Applicants who intend to attend language courses at private schools, please refer the following documents check-list.

f) Research

In order to carry out a research project at a University or a research Institute enlisted by the Italian Ministry of University and Research, you must apply for a “research” visa. Please, be informed that only those who hold a degree allowing them to be enrolled in an Italian PhD (M.A. equivalent or superior) can apply for a research visa. For research periods no longer than 90 days, please use the following check-list. For research periods longer than 90 days, please use the following check-list.

g) Post-graduate

Students enrolled to Italian public or private universities authorized to issue legal value decrees in post-graduate courses (PhD, masters [other than Laurea Magistrale], specialization and post-doc) must submit the documents enlisted in the following check-list.